Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SAY WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY


I Found this quote today and I just couldnt help myself I had to get some venting out... I have been going through a lot of changes lately as I have said, one of these changes is my friendships and the people I surround myself with. I have always tried to be the best friend that I can be, and I know sometimes that wasnt real great.. I went through a very bad time when I wanted to hurt everyone around me, I wanted to see just how far I could push people and I am sorry if you were one of those and I am grateful for everyone who has stayed by me through the thick and the thin.. But the 1 thing I have done that no one should be mad at me for and call me a bad friend is figure shit out for myself become stronger and I fall in love.. I am so sick of the drama, I am just done with it and I have had the last hopefully. I need to just move on, I have always said people are in your life for a reason and when that reason has come to an end than you need to just let them go they may come back but you cant fight non stop to try to keep them there.. I cant even imagine why a someone who calls themself your friend would tell you that you are a horrible friend because you dont go out with them all of the time anymore? it is SO easy to blame Bobby, dont even acknowledge the fact that I finally am in my career plus another job, ummm I am 25 o ya and maybe my DUI? that may have calmed down my partying, but NOPE it is all bobbys fault and it just makes me so mad.. I am just thankful that i have some of the friendships that I do it helps me to realize that i am good person and there are people out there that are happy for me, and they know that I am happy and I am only going forward... It just makes me laugh that my best friend (who has been there for everything) lives in Colorado and we dont see each other nearly as much as I would like but she isnt a bad friend because she isnt by my side 24/7... There comes a time in your life when you need to cut the umbilical cord from your friends and you need to find yourself, the true ones will be there behind you like a guardian angel the other not so great ones will fade into the distance, and you will miss them and it will hurt when you realize how conditional the friendship was but it is better to let go of the comfort of them and embrace the relationship you can have with yourself.. cause really ladies like Carrie said about relationships/friendships....

Well there are those that open you up to something new and exotic.

Those that are old and familiar.

Those that bring up lots of questions.

Those that bring you somewhere unexpected.

Those that bring you far from where you started.

Those that bring you back.

But the most exciting challenging relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. and if you find someone to love the you that you love, well then thats just fabulous....

So I just wanted to write this as a way of saying I am happy with where I am at, and where I hope to go in my life... Bobby in no way has every been and I cant imagine ever will be bad for me. So I am sorry to those who are too involved with their own bitterness to see it and support it, but mostly I am sorry because until you love you no one can...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is so amazing to read your feelings, Megg. It is incredible how far you've come and how much you've changed. The ironic thing is, Bobby (ha I first typed Booby!) has helped you be better and see how amazing you really are. I can't imagine anything more amazing than that. You are so strong and always make it out a better person! I can't express how proud I am of you... I am so very lucky to be a part of your life, and continue to learn from you! I love you.

Jennifer said...

P.S. I LOVE that quote!!

Meghan Hendrix said...

I need to find out if we can go up to the cabin again before it sells... and you think Bobby & Brady is funny. How irionic is this: Bobby Hansen & Brady Henderson! too funny!

Anonymous said...

Great post Megan! Love the quote and am so happy for where your at in your life!